Fly Fishing Rules for All Boat & Bank Anglers
If in doubt Call the lodge 01788 812018
By purchasing a fishing permit or membership you agree to abide by the rules set below
Fishery Staff reserve the right at all times to search customer’s personal bags & vehicles.
Any person who is abusive to fishery staff, our landlord’s representatives, or found to be breaking any of the fishery rules will be reported to senior management & you may be asked to leave.
- Draycote is a busy site with anglers, sailors & the general public, please drive slowly & be considerate to other users
- On arriving at the fishery go directly to the fishing lodge reception area and sign yourselves in, you are required to sign out at the end of your visit.
- Fly fishing is the only permitted method – No Treble Hooks
- All anglers must be in possession of a valid fishing permit & environment rod license
- Lifejackets to be worn at all times when on the boat pontoon & in the boats.
- Bank fishing commences from 7.30am with boats available from 8.30am, closing times displayed at the lodge.
- Ensure all trout returned are allowed adequate time to recover
- Any bleeding, badly hooked or trout unlikely to recover must be despatched and given to a member of staff
- The boat Angler in charge of the engine should ensure the Engines Kill Cord is connected to them while driving the boat.
- Boat Anglers – NO TROLLING
- No Electric engines
- No boats allowed out on the water if the average wind speed is forecast to exceed 25mph
- 3 people maximum allowed out in boats with only 2 permitted to be fishing at any one time
- Boat Anglers to give way to bank anglers
- Boat Anglers should keep 50 meters from other boats
- Boat anglers to keep 50 meters from any bank angler
- Boat anglers when traveling should keep 50 meters from any bank
- No Anchoring with 100 yards of any pontoon
- No Anchoring within 100 yards of the sailing club frontage
- No beaching or grounding of boats, ensure you have adequate depth of water for the boat to travel, drift or anchor safely at all times.
- All litter to be placed in the dustbins provided
- No fishing beyond the line of orange buoys at the bottom of Toft Shallows.
- Anglers share their time at Draycote with Sailors, Bird Watchers, Cyclist, Walkers, General Public, Be considerate of other site users.
- Be aware of sudden changes to the weather, increased wind, thunderstorms, temperature. Seek shelter off the water during thunderstorms
Specific Rules For Bank Anglers
- Bank Fishing is from 7.30am to Half-hour after sunset
- On arrival call at the fishing lodge to book in
- Bank anglers are required to call the lodge & book one of the 30 available car passes which gives them vehicle access to the perimeter road.
- Draycote is a busy site, you need to keep to the perimeter road speed limit
- Vehicles must be parked in one of the 12 available car parking bays situated around the reservoir
- No Bank fishing allowed from any of the Dam Walls
- No Bank fishing allowed in front of the sailing club frontage and School Slips
- Beware of the general public encroaching within your backcast.
- Beware of soft mud and general slippery underfoot conditions on the bank & when wading.
- No wading deeper than thigh height
- When leaving you are required to visit the lodge & book out