CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 27th February 2021
You must not visit the fishery if you have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating
Draycote will open for boat & bank fishing on the 29th March 2021
To ensure we comply with social distancing & government guidelines I have produced new operating guidelines for everyone to follow which are highlighted below.
I would ask during these difficult times & to ensure we keep within the COVID-19 guidelines which could change at any time, you comply with any daily instructions issued by fishery staff.
Customers should wear face coverings as recommended by the government covid guidelines, ensure you observe the 2m social distancing rule.
Staff working the pontoon will be wearing Face Coverings have access to hand sanitiser with all touching points on the pontoon regularly disinfected. All boats & life jackets will be disinfected after every session.
New Operating Procedure While Visiting Draycote Trout Fishery
- Pre-Booking: All Bank & Boat anglers, including season permit holders will be required to call the lodge & pre book your visit.
- Pre-payment will be required at your time of booking.
- Pre-payment can be made by a credit / debit card.
- Confirmation of your Boat or Bank Booking along with your receipt will be posted outside the lodge next to the Booking In – Booking Out sheet. Observe the 2m rule.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for you
- Lodge & Tackle shop are closed, no access
- Tackle Purchases: We can offer a pre-paid click & collect service
- Bank Anglers are to ensure they observe social distancing and while fishing keep a minimum of 15 meters apart. Maximum 30 angler`s vehicles around the perimeter road
- Bank anglers should carry their own hand sanitiser & use it as required during the day, especially if you’ve used a key pad or opened gates.
- Two anglers may share a boat, your boat partner needs to be a member of your: Household, Support bubble, or your one regular boat partner
- We recommend you follow the Angling Trust guidelines. The guidelines recommend the wearing of a face covering while the boat is moving under power
- Bring your own hand sanitiser & use it as required during the day
Controlled Pontoon Access Guidelines Posted at the Pontoon Gateway
- All Wait Here sign by the pontoon walkway
- Fishery Staff will call you forward onto the pontoon.
- Boat Numbers will be allocated once you’re called forward by the fisher staff working the pontoon
- Prevent Queuing & Delays Minimize your journey to & from the boat.
- Do Not Tackle up in the boat next to the pontoon, staff will instruct you to leave the pontoon as soon as possible.
- Two Anglers fishing together MUST BE READY when called to come onto the pontoon together.
- The angler in charge of the engine will enter the boat first while his partner passes him/her the tackle.
- Minimize Queues & Delays If you require to leave the pontoon to pick up other tackle items it should ONLY BE ONE OF YOU, the other angler in charge of the engine remains in the boat.
Returning to the pontoon
- Fishery staff will be controlling the number of anglers on the pontoon at any one time. BE PREPARED TO WAIT for their instructions for you to come forward & secure the boat to the pontoon.
- On returning have your tackle ready to vacate the boat & pontoon as quickly as possible.
- Boats & Life Jackets will be Disinfected after every session.
- At all times comply with the instructions given by the fishery staff, this is to ensure we meet our current operating guidelines & social distancing rules.
- GUTTING ROOM IS PERNAMENTLY CLOSED